Friday, February 19, 2010

Starting Over


About 2 years ago I was searching for something on the internet and stumbled across Kim's blog, DaisyCottage. From there I hopped and skipped all over the world, blog to blog, in awe of this "new world" that I had found. I foolishly thought that it would be so simple to start blogging myself but all the while wondering if anyone would really give a flip abt. my life. It has been a struggle ever since to keep up with my life, remembering to take pics and then to recount it all on here. I never have found a groove for this "blog" thing and have thought many times of just giving up and quitting but I have met several of you in person and feel like I have made a connection with some of you that blogging only strengthens. My biggest struggle is whether to treat this blog as my online diary and share things with all of you that are real and true in my life or do I only share only a fake, perfect, happy world, or do I just share art and crafts? For the few of you that have gotten to know me in whatever small way, y'all know that I am an open, sharing TOO much info kind of girl. Much to my hubby's horror, it's just the way I am! It has been very hard trying to share with y'all while not really sharing at all. Does that make any sense? Anyway, I am saying all of this to tell you that my blog is going to change. I am starting over as of today! My favorite blog is Tongue in Cheek because Corey shares so much of her life with us. I have laughed and cried while reading her words and even tho' I have never met her, I consider her a friend. She emails me privately after I leave a comment and will even answer one of my emails. That is what I want my blog to be like, not that I will ever compare to her but I do want it to be an honest picture of me and my world, the good-bad-ugly and just way too much info.

Don't worry tho' I won't start sharing on this post, I think you have had to read enough already. I do want to thank those of you that have called or emailed to check on me and thank you to Sherri for really letting me unload on her!!
All of my "girls" above will be listed in my shop tonight.
love to you all,
angela

5 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

I know exactly where you are coming from.

The Other Side of Me said...

Hey Girl,

Where have you been? We have been worried about you here in Gray. Couldn't reach you by phone. Glad to see you are still kickin'! You are the dearest, sweetest, funniest person I know. Just tell it like it is sister and we will be here to listen and laugh right along with you!

Call me!

Tammy

The Feathered Nest said...

Hey sweetie!!!! It's so wonderful to see a post from you Angela. You are so precious!! And what's so wonderful about blogging is that your blog is YOUR blog...it can be what YOU want it to be!!! So go for it girl, share what you want to share....I can't wait, cuz you are a HOOT and oh-so-adorable!!!!
hugs and love, Dawn

Sherry Williams said...

Hi sweetie pie! love this post! are you selling your dress forms? they are gorgeous, girl!!!
love,
Sherry

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

When you are sharing in person, you can sure make a crowd pour tears out with laughter...

Knowing what to say on a blog is iffy, isn't it? I know I feel like sometimes I say too much, I try to not use full names when I talk about family and friends, or to tell other people's stories instead of just mine. Its hard.